Recently, some Darwinists took exception to my claim that Chinese creationists will flood the UK should Jesus tarry (see my previous article entitled More bad for UK evolutionists and atheists. Most immigrants to the UK come from China. China is on course to become the 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years).
This was partly my fault as I cited data/estimates which were too conservative in light of recent developments plus I did not give information related to a longer time horizon.
Consider the 10 additional facts below.
10 reasons biblical creation belief will flood the UK in the 21st Century
1. Evangelical Christianity rising in the UK and challenging the status quo
David Aikman served as Time Magazine's bureau chief in Beijing China. He wrote a book in 2003 entitled Jesus in Beijing: How Christianity Is Transforming China and Changing the Global Balance of Power.
In his book Aikman wrote:“China is in the process of becoming Christianised … [i.e.] it is possible that Christians will constitute 20 to 30 percent of China’s population within three decades” (p. 285).
When Aikman gave this estimate in 2003, he did not have the benefit of seeing Chinese Christianity grow rapidly in urban areas among the influential upper eschelons of Chinese society which is presently happening. See: Upper eschelons of Chinese society becoming Christianized and China's atheist leaders and intellectuals are panicking about the rapid growth of Christianity in China
A review of his book declares and please notice the red font text added for emphasis which indicates the Chinese Christians are generally not Darwinists:
Who are these Chinese Christians? It would be absurd to say they are an organized body with uniform beliefs and opinions on everything, yet Aikman’s book leads to certain generalisations. They regard themselves as truly patriotic, tending to support their government politically, with the exception, perhaps, of being very pro-American and pro-Israel. Both preferences stem from their religious, rather than their political beliefs. Their theology particularly with the “house church” Protestant Christians, is Biblical and fundamentalist, and the churches with which they are linked in the United States are their equivalents. To some extent the reason for this is that fundamentalists see evangelism as an urgent matter – to save souls from hell – in a way that their “liberal” co-religionists, with their less exclusive attitude to the matter of salvation, do not. Such help, spiritual and material, as does come from foreign Christians, will tend to come from such evangelicals, who are mostly Americans. Part of the fundamentalist package, millenarianism – the belief in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ to reign for a thousand years, regarded as probably an imminent event – includes a necessary, though uncertain role for the Jews. Other features widespread amongst Chinese Christians are the “speaking in tongues” and claims of miraculous healing and exorcism. Aikman does not mention it but it seems fair to add that such Christians will reject Darwinism. If, as seems likely, they adhere to the Christian morality brought to China by the missionaries, they will also preach chastity before marriage and fidelity within it, and abhor homosexuality and abortion. All these are positions that have long been compromised or abandoned in Western Christendom, but in China would be welcomed by any government as desirable virtues, apart from, presumably, the last.See also:
World's biggest atheist population about to see a big decline
China's atheist leaders and intellectuals are panicking about the rapid growth of Christianity in China
China's leaders are giving silent approval to Chinese house churches
China's atheistic leaders are still panicking about the growth of Christianity in China
We also know from the fall of the Soviet Union that state promulgated atheism can fall very quick. Of course, this is no surprise given that only 30% of people raised atheists in the USA choose to remain atheists in adulthood.
It took an additional 200 years for the Roman Empire to become Christianized after Constantine became a Christian.
A history website indicates:
The conversion of the Emperor Constantine to Christianity in 312 did not immediately make the Roman Empire and Christian Empire. The pull of traditional Roman culture and institutions were strong. Even Roman religion enjoyed periods of resurgence. Moreover, the Christian community had to adjust from being a marginal group on the periphery of Roman society to being the favored religion of the emperor.Given the weakness of the secular religion of atheism, one can easily imagine the Christianization of China happening faster than it did in the Roman Empire. See also: Atheism is a religion
In 2003 the Weatherhead Center for International Affairs at Harvard published a paper by Assaf Moghadam entitled A Global Resurgence of Religion?
In that paper Assaf Moghadam wrote:
What is less fragile than atheism/agnosticism/secularism? Eggs or vases perhaps?
In the three Eastern European countries that were included in the WVS survey on belief in God, a drastic rise could be witnessed of respondents who answered this question in the affirmative. In Hungary, the percentage of believers in God jumped from 44% to 58% from 1981 to 1990, even prior to the collapse of the former Soviet Union. In Belarus, the number of people who believe in God nearly doubled over the course of the 1990s, from 36% to 68%, while in Latvia this figure almost quadrupled, from 18% to 67% in the same time period. Similar trends held true when it came to the importance of God, where there was a sharp rise in all three countries.
3. More than half (54%) of the increase of the UK population between 1991 and 2012 was due to the direct contribution of net migration as noted above China is contributing the most UK immigrants. See: UK Immigration
4. According to the British scholar and agnostic Eric Kaufmann, due to religious conservatives having a significantly higher birth rate, the world will be dominated by religiousity and not secular religions such as agnosticism and atheism. Professor Kaufmann who teaches at the Birbeck College, University of London told a secular audience in Australia: "The trends that are happening worldwide inevitably in an age of globalization are going to affect us." See: Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth? Demography and Politics in the Twenty-First Century
5. According to a leading UK newspaper: "Migrants fuel UK baby boom: One in four now born to foreign mums" See: UK immigrants and childbirths
6. As noted above, these Chinese Christians tend to be pro-American. One would think they would be pro-West as well. Therefore, given current Chinese government discrimination, one would think such Christians would be particularly open to migrating to the USA and the UK. See: Gigantic blow to world atheism. China on course to become the 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years. Desperate Chinese atheist government officials are trying to launch a futile church demolition campaign in response
7. Secular leftists/Darwinists, who have low birth rates, have embraced multiculturism and immigration in order to help keep their retirement programs afloat and to provide needed workers for the labor force. See: Secularism vs. secularism - Biblical Christianity wins! Will postmodernism, multiculturism and cultural relativism help bring about the defeat of Darwinism and atheism?
8. Members of conservative Abrahamic faiths tend to be Darwinism doubters. Current trends would seem to indicate that the UK will receive many of these types immigrants. And while Muslim immigrants are generally creationists, many of them have been low skilled workers and prone to rioting in the UK/Europe and causing other unwanted behavior. With the rapid growth of evangelical Christianity in the world, one would think that Western governments would prefer Christianized immigrants over their Muslim counterparts - particularly if they are skilled workers. And currently, Chinese Christianity is growing rapidly in urban area where people tend to be more affluent and have greater job skills. See: Upper eschelons of Chinese society becoming Christianized
Based on Eric Kaufmann's work and the work of other scholars plus some recent developments in the UK and France, it would appear that Christian evangelicalism has a brighter future in Europe than Islam. See: Future of European evangelicalism and French scholars say evangelicalism is likely the fastest growing religion in France
While it is true that many immigrants to the UK are from India, even India, a stronghold of Hindu Darwinism, is seeing a rapid growth of evangelical Christianity. See: India, one of Darwinism's biggest strongholds, is seeing a rapid growth of creationism and biblical Christianity. Hindus are becoming alarmed.
9. Peter Berger is one of the most respected sociologists in the world today. In his article Pentecostalism Invades Lambeth Palace he wrote: "Is charismatic Christianity coming to Europe? Up until now, it didn’t seem likely. But events in the UK perhaps suggest otherwise."
The pro-evolution online encyclopedia indicates that in December of 2012, Britain had an external debt to GDP ratio of 406% which is $160,158 USD per capita of external debt. That is a lot of debt and it speaks of likely future economic instability in the UK and the Eurocrisis helps demonstrate this matter. Pentecostalism has thrived in the world in recent years - especially in countries with a lot of social and economic instability. See: Economics and Darwinism/atheism
10. Preparation is the key to success in most worthwhile endeavors. The Question Evolution! Campaign is no exception to this rule. In 2014, our Question Evolution! Campaign group will unleash some long awaited surprises. It is going to be fantastic and a portion of these efforts will be directed towards the fountainhead of Darwinism - namely the UK. Darwinism will fall in the UK. It is not a matter of if, but merely when!
God willing, the first quarter of the 21st century will see the beginning of a rapidly growing biblical creation movement in the Western World.
There you have it! Should Jesus tarry, Chinese atheist leaders will drive lots of Chinese Christian creationists to the USA/UK and USA/UK liberal multiculturists will great them with open arms! Then sweet and lovely UK Christian women will continue to have lots of children filling the UK with more and more Christian creationists!
While there may be additional resistance to immigrants along the way due to an economic downturn which may last as long as the Great Depression or longer, over the longer term an aging secular populations needing skilled workers to keep their retirement programs and economy afloat, are going to have to reopen the immigration flood gates. But even an economic downturn is bad for atheism/agnosticism as this generally increases societal religiosity - particularly religiosity of the Bible believing variety.
According to the Joshua Project about 8% of UK citizens are currently evangelical (See: Joshua Project - UK ).
Christianity is growing rapidly in China
The Past, Present and Future of Chinese Immigrants in the UK
Question Evolution! Campaign
15 questions for evolutionists
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 1 - Questions 1-3
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 2 - Questions 4–8
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 2 - Questions 9-15
1. Constantine statue at: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2009-04-13_ConstantineTheGreat_York.jpg
|Description||Bronze statue of Constantine the Great outside York Minster, England.|
|This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.|