The Birkbeck College, University of London professor Eric Kaufmann using a multitude of demographic studies argues in an academic paper entitled Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth? Demography and Politics in the Twenty-First Century that the decline of atheism in terms of its global adherents is an established trend that will persist for the foreseeable future and the rate of decline will accelerate and affect the Western World. See: Why are the years 2012 and 2020 key years for Christian creationists and pro-lifers?The evolutionist Fergus Mason is quickly slapped down and utterly defeated!
Well, it seems like an evolutionist by the name of Fergus Mason may be upset by Kaufmann's work.
The evolutionist Fergus Mason wrote:
You do know that Kaufmann thinks the demographic rise of religion will be a disaster, right? I only ask because you never mention that.Of course, Fergus Mason, like all evolutionists, was quickly slapped down and utterly defeated!
I wrote in response:
A few points:
1. Do I know that? At this blog, comments are expected to be fully supported. That is why so few of your blog comments are posted (plus you have yet to produce a video where you and Viva/Shock debate the 15 questions). Also, even if your claim is true, evidence from a "hostile witness" is valuable and that is why courts of law allow such evidence. See: http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=884
2. Kaufmann does not want agnostics/atheists to get into a population footrace with religious conservatives as he adheres to the ideology of global warming alarmism. See: http://marcalandimartino.wordpress.com/2010/03/19/eric-kaufmann-inheriting-the-earth/ and http://fora.tv/2010/09/05/Eric_Kaufmann_Shall_the_Religious_Inherit_the_Earth
3. Through a confidential source, our Question Evolution! Campaign knows that Kaufman is an agnostic. If you think Kaufmann supports the work of bombastic New Atheists, you are sadly mistaken!
4. I have watched Eric Kaufmann videos plus read a number of his articles and he appears to be an easy going Canadian (he was born in Canada) who is not into political correctness. Through a confidential source, our Question Evolution! Campaign group knows that Kaufmann prefers the academic community in the UK over the the one in Canada because there is less political correctness and academic work in the UK is more data driven than in Canada
Kaufmann also appears to have a sense of humor and seems less high strung than you. You can see that here where he appears to be in good humor when answering questions by the secular audience who is upset with his findings: http://fora.tv/2010/09/05/Eric_Kaufmann_Shall_the_Religious_Inherit_the_Earth
5. Given that so many secular/liberal societies are buried in debt and/or are being overrun by unruly rioting Muslims, you haven't shown why a region run by Christian religious conservatives would be disastrous. See: http://www.gfmag.com/tools/global-database/economic-data/10398-external-debt-by-country.html#axzz2MbQ5vpcd and http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TBIQTB3F96G9046V5 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzLECtFT4aU
Next, last time I checked, unlike atheists who had murderous rulers like Stalin/Mao who caused misery and mayhem in their societies, the Amish (who are Christian religious conservatives) seem to run far more peaceful and productive societies! For example, unlike militant atheists the Amish make plenty of tasty honey and apple butter! See: http://creation.com/atheism#atheism-communism and http://www.millersappleorchard.com/Order.php
For more information please see:
Religious immigrants highly resistant to secularization will dramatically alter the religious landscape of Europe
The agnostic and British academic Eric Kaufmann says "the rate of secularisation has flattened to zero in most of Protestant Europe and France". Also, Kaufmann writes that secularism "appears exhausted and lacking in confidence"
The future of European Darwinism and atheism is bleak
Decline of atheism videos
Eric Kaufmann: Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth? from Australian Broadcasting Corporation on FORA.tv
Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth?
Eric Kaufmann - Demography and religion/secularism
Creation Ministries International website resources
Creation vs. evolution answers
Question Evolution! Campaign
15 questions for evolutionists
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 1 - Questions 1-3
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 2 - Questions 4–8
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 2 - Questions 9-15
Atheism, agnosticism and humanism: Godless religions
Evidence for Christianity
Creation Ministries International Question Evolution! Videos
1. Birkbeck College, University of London, source: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Birkbeck_College,_University_of_London.jpg
English: Birkbeck College, University of London
|Date||22 November 2008|
|Author||Matt From London|