In May of 2012, the agnostic and evolutionist Richard Dawkins wrote in the Guardian: "A native speaker of English who has never read a word of the King James Bible is verging on the barbarian."
Richard Dawkins also indicated that the Bible is a "great work of literature". In addition, Christianity has a vast reservoir of evidence supporting it. See: Evidence for Christianity
Furthermore, Christians are increasingly using sophisticated methods of reaching more and more people with the gospel message, while global atheism is shrinking and using crude and ineffective means of evangelism. See: 5 reasons why Christian evangelism is more thoughtful and effective than Darwinist and atheist evangelism
Now lets us contrast Christianity with modern atheism/agnosticism which are low brow and low-class.
7 reasons why atheism is low-class and low brow
1. Reddit atheism, also known as r/atheism, is one of the largest internet groups of atheists. Mashable reported that Reddit atheism recently grew to 2 million members so it may very well be the largest online community of atheists.
A June 14, 2013 Mashable article declared:
In recent years, r/atheism has become known for memes, images, quote pictures and other content viewed by some as "low brow."For further information please see: Mashable admits one of the internet's largest atheist communities, reddit atheism, has developed a reputation of being "low brow" over the years by "some" (translation: by people who are not "low brow")
2. TheAmazingAtheist is YouTube's most subscribed to YouTube channel produced by an atheist and as of June of 2013 it had over 426,000 subscribers. In 2012, he viciously told a rape victim "you deserved it" and told her that her rapist "deserved a medal". He also told her that she should try to relive the rape in her mind.
3. The Barna Group found that atheists and agnostics in America were more likely, than theists in America, to look upon the following behaviors as morally acceptable: illegal drug use; excessive drinking; sexual relationships outside of marriage; abortion; cohabitating with someone of opposite sex outside of marriage; obscene language; gambling; pornography and obscene sexual behavior; and engaging in homosexuality/bisexuality.
4. In February of 2010, the news organization The Telegraph reported Richard Dawkins was "embroiled in a bitter online battle over plans to rid his popular internet forum for atheists of foul language, insults and 'frivolous gossip'."
5. Rebecca Watson post Elevatorgate wrote at Slate about atheist conferences:
[W]omen started telling me stories about sexism at skeptic events, experiences that made them uncomfortable enough to never return. At first, I wasn’t able to fully understand their feelings as I had never had a problem existing in male-dominated spaces. But after a few years of blogging, podcasting, and speaking at skeptics’ conferences, I began to get emails from strangers who detailed their sexual fantasies about me. I was occasionally grabbed and groped without consent at events. I started checking out the social media profiles of the people sending me these messages, and learned that they were often adults who were active in the skeptic and atheist communities. They were reading the same blogs as I was and attending the same events. These were “my people,” and they were the worst.6. The Barna Group reported in 2007 concerning atheism and uncharitableness:
The typical no-faith American donated just $200 in 2006, which is more than seven times less than the amount contributed by the prototypical active-faith adult ($1500). Even when church-based giving is subtracted from the equation, active-faith adults donated twice as many dollars last year as did atheists and agnostics. In fact, while just 7% of active-faith adults failed to contribute any personal funds in 2006, that compares with 22% among the no-faith adults.7. Darwinism/atheism cannot intellectually compete
The atheist "movement" (which is in global decline in terms of its adherents) are unable to intellectually compete in the the market place of ideas and that is why so many of them are afraid to debate the creation vs. evolution issue. See: 21st century atheism is well-known for its cowardice and Global decline of atheism/agnosticism
Atheists have a significant reputation problem
So how has all this affected the public's view of atheists in much of the world?
Dr. Sam Harris is a founder of the New Atheism movement. Dr. Harris is quite aware of the stigma surrounding atheism and has even advocated that atheists no longer call themselves atheists. In fact, Dr. Harris has said concerning the label of atheist, "It's right next to child molester as a designation."
Question Evolution! Campaign resources and other resources
Question Evolution! Campaign
15 questions for evolutionists
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 1 - Questions 1-3
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 2 - Questions 4–8
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 2 - Questions 9-15
Other related resources
Atheism, agnosticism and humanism: Godless religions
Evidence for Christianity
More evidence for Christianity
Creation Ministries International Question Evolution! Videos