There are a number of poweful trends facing Darwinism and atheism in the world and within secular countries
1. Do reasonable economic forecasts point to economic problems in the Western World? How credible are these bearish forecasts?
2. If these bearish forecasts are correct, how will this affect the prevalence of biblical creation belief, atheism, agnosticism and Darwinism in the Western World and in the world at large?
The history of religion and economics shows that during times of economic hardship that atheism does poorer in terms of its number of adherents. In addition, the secular leftist ideology of socialism may help foster atheism. On the other hand, conservative religion can prosper in economic hard times plus do well in prosperous countries as well if they have a significant degree of religious freedom. See: Does atheism thrive on economic prosperity? Does religion prosper when people are desperate and ignorant?
Since WWII, the most vocal and ardent spokesmen for evolutionism have been atheists and agnostics. See: A Who’s Who of evolutionists and Refuting Evolution, Chapter 1, Facts and Bias.
List of people who predicted the 2008 financial crisis ). Although I don't agree with Vox on some matters, Vox is often very informative when it comes to economic topics and he often makes accurate predictions in this area.
According to Vox Day America is heading for a Great Depression 2.0 which will be bigger in scope and longer in duration than the Great Depression of the 1930s. He predicts it could last could last until 2032. See: Interview with Vox Day
In 2011, the leading investment expert Harry Schultz wrote:
Roughly speaking, the mess we are in is the worst since 17th century financial collapse. Comparisons with the 1930’s are ludicrous. We’ve gone far beyond that. And, alas, the courage & political will to recognize the mess & act wisely to reverse gears, is absent in U.S. leadership, where the problems were hatched & where the rot is by far the deepest.
For those who are not family with 17th century economic history, an article on this topic for your review: General Crisis of the European Economy in the 17t h Century
The United States has a 16 trillion dollar federal government debt. Many secular European countries have high debt loads as well. Economic history points to the fact that is very difficult for a country to have sustained economic health under the weight of heavy debt. See: Can an economy grow with serious debt? and High government debt will weaken the U.S. economy
If a leading economy like the United States has significant problems, it could easily drag down the whole world economy given the interconnected nature of the present global economy. In addition, it would have a big effect on the socialistic economies of Europe which are already weighed down by the Eurocrisis and poor prospects for growth.
Of course, if Vox Day, Harry Smith and other bearish economic forecasters are right, this is terrible news for Western atheism and Darwinism and global atheism/Darwinism as well.
See also: Another crisis hitting Darwinism, atheism and agnosticism - Eurocrisis is causing secular Europe to have falling fertility rates. Creationism does well in economic hard times
Update on the European atheist and Darwinist Fergus Mason who backed down from a debate on the 15 questions for evolutionists
I have been receiving a number of blog comments from the atheist and evolutionist Fergus Mason despite the fact that I told him that I would not publish them until he debates the popular YouTube Christian Shockofgod along with his chat room moderator VivaYehshua who has taken biology courses at a major university. Shockofgod's free chat room is at: Shockofgod's chat room at Gvolive,com
Please also see: Fergus Mason is given his second comeuppance
Of course, Fergus Mason is free to bring along a debate partner. He could asks one of his atheist/evolutionist buddies at RationalWiki to be a debate partner despite the fact that a fellow atheist referred to RationalWikians as baboons! Fellow atheists says RationalWiki is overrun with baboons
I contacted VivaYehshua yesterday and he told me:
1. Fergus Mason never showed up for his debate with VivaYehshua on the 15 questions for evolutionists No doubt Mr. Mason evolved into a chicken!
2. VivaYehshua likes the 15 questions for evolutionists and thinks they raise relevant and important issues. He is also willing to have a debate which involve the 15 questions for evolutionists among other creation vs. evolution topics. He just needs a respectable notice to participate in such a debate. Are you listening, Fergus Mason? It is time for you to man-up and debate Shockofgod and VivaYehshua along with one of your buddies from RationalWiki. Unless of course, you have evolved into a chicken!
3. Given that Fergus Mason never showed up for his debate on the 15 questions, VivaYehshua thought it was time for Fergus Mason to move on with his discussions with VivaYehshua in terms of what they discussed since he obviously cannot adequately answer the very germaine questions of the 15 questions for evolutionists In short, VivaYehshua was willing to discuss other creation vs. evolution topics. VivaYehshua said that he has no personal animosity towards Fergus Mason, but he does recognize that fact that Fergus Mason cannot adequately address the 15 questions for evolutionists.
Fergus Mason: Our debate offer still stands
Fergus Mason, here is our debate offer again and I custom tailored to you this time:
Fergus Mason, are you willing to have a debate centered around the 15 questions for evolutionists (see: http://creation.com/15-questions ) via a recorded oral debate which would be distributed to tens of thousands of people.
If you are confident in your evolutionary beliefs, please make the necessary arrangements via this free chat room: http://login.meetcheap.com/conference,89538844 You can make the necessary arrangements with the chat room moderators Shockofgod or VivaYehshua. Alternatively, you can email Shockofgod via his YouTube email at http://www.youtube.com/user/shockofgod I suggest picking a debate partner from the website RationalWiki so you two can debate Shockofgod and VivaYehshua.
If you want to know more about the debate, any and all questions should be directed to Shockofgod or VivaYehshua.
There will be no future communication with you via this blog until you accept this debate offer and carry through with the debate.
When will the American economy collapse?
Question Evolution! Campaign resources and other resources
Question Evolution! Campaign
15 questions for evolutionists
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 1 - Questions 1-3
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 2 - Questions 4–8
Responses to the 15 Questions: part 2 - Questions 9-15
Other related resources
Atheism, agnosticism and humanism: Godless religions
Evidence for Christianity
More evidence for Christianity
Creation Ministries International Question Evolution! Videos
1. Bull and bear statues
|Camera location||This and other images at their locations on:||(Info)|
Deutsch: Bulle und Bär vor der Frankfurter Börse von Reinhard Dachlauer
English: Bull and bear in front of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
|Other versions||Derivative works of this file:|
Picture license: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic